Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Matthew's Adventure

Matthew got his first ride in an ambulance last Friday afternoon. He was taken to the hospital with a bad case of pneumonia. We went in for a doctor's visit and his oxygen levels were so low that they decided to call an ambulance to take him directly to the ER. He and I ended up staying overnight until he could maintain his oxygen levels. He didn't seem bothered by all the tubes and monitors hooked up to him. We were discharged late Saturday afternoon and he is doing much better.


4 comments:

  1. We're so happy to hear that Matthew is feeling better. I understand they gave him some steroid medication at the hospital and when he returned home he hit two homeruns. -- Kevin Reinert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad he is better and that you will be able to sleep now too!! Yeah for happy babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always scary to have a child admitted to the hospital, and I'm sure it's 10 times worse when they have to be transported by ambulance. I'm glad he's doing alright now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Baby!! We have had our bout with pneumonia here too, no fun! I am glad that he is feeling better though!

    ReplyDelete